Creativity to Reduce Stress & Heal
Pennick Family Therapy - "a place for change"
RSS

Recent Posts

Ten Reasons You Should Not Get Married
Unloving Mothers
Creativity to Reduce Stress & Heal
How to Talk to Someone Who is Depressed
How's your personal vision?

Categories

Mental Health
parenting
Therapy
powered by

My Blog

Creativity to Reduce Stress & Heal

At one time or another we all have experienced the creative and personally enriching potential of art.  As a child, you probably found enjoyment in making drawings, coloring, cutting and pasting, finger paining, building sand castles, working with clay or even popsicle sticks.  Today, as an adult you may feel you have lost your creativity or you may feel you could never be consider "artistic".   However, you can still get therapeutic benefits from incorporating some art in your daily life.

Many times over the years I found my way back to my artistic side in various ways.  I was always drawing and painting as a child.  I also enjoyed music and dance.  As a young mother I started sewing and doing crafts with my children.  I worked with flowers and worked in the interior design field for several years.  Creativity had always brought me peace and a sense of control, accomplishment and success that I needed.  However, it wasn't until the last five years that I rediscovered the joy of drawing and painting.

My interested in art was restored after learning about the benefits of art therapy and starting to work with Mandalas.  It was amazing how finding a way to put inspirational work part into my life brought me so much peace and reduced my daily stress.

Today in my work with my clients I often help them discover or rediscover their creativity and help them facilitate change through art therapy. I help them access the creative process for personal growth and self-exploration.  I teach them how to use creative activities as a means of communicating issues, emotions, and conflict.   I also teach classes on the incredible healing power of working with Mandalas, workshops for rediscovering your creativity, phototherapy, collage work, adventures in art and healing traumas through art therapy.  I have found making art as a therapeutic tool for addressing mental and physical health issues.

12 Comments to Creativity to Reduce Stress & Heal:

Comments RSS
Windows 7 Professional SP1 on Friday, December 09, 2016 12:51 AM
cheap sql server 2008 , windows 7 home premuim product keys , windows 7 professional product key not valid , windows anytime upgrade code free vista , Microsoft Office visio pro 2013 & Download , windows 10 activation code free , buy Office professional 2016 product key online , purchase windows 7 professional product key , sq94WC
office pro 2016 buy
windows 10 product keys and iso download
Genuine windwos 7 pro keys and download
windows server 2016 essentials key sale online
buy cheap windows 10 professional product key

hotstar on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 4:34 AM
Hotstar - Watch free online streaming of your favourite TV serials & movies - Hindi, Tamil, Bengali & more with Live cricket streaming

Mobdro App on Thursday, September 07, 2017 10:58 PM
Mobdro, an incredible motion picture and video spilling application which lets the films buffs and TV nerds appreciate all the HD quality substance for completely free of cost

Garageband for windows 10 on Friday, October 13, 2017 1:36 AM
GarageBand is an amazing music software app that allows the users to create music according to the way you like with the wide range of tools available

Showbox Apk on Friday, October 13, 2017 6:37 AM
Showbox is known as a standout amongst the most prevalent applications among the majority of the applications in the market

instagram online on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 7:52 AM
Thank you for the helpful advice.

professional translations on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 5:33 AM
Interesting post. As for myself, my way of reducing stress is always music. I really don't know a better medicine. Thank you for sharing!

Kevin on Friday, December 29, 2017 9:55 AM
I have visited to this site many times and every time i find useful jobs for me so i would suggest please come to this site and take the chance from here. stylish best wedding cards

best essayservices on Friday, March 16, 2018 4:23 AM
Creativity reduce stress, the more and interesting the thoughts for planning and building the drawing and painting always. This pennickfamilytherapy blog always making about sewing and better addressing adventures,keep it up.

GarryDavidson on Monday, April 30, 2018 12:08 PM
informing post

young justice cheshire costume on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 8:48 AM
Woo, great post I love.

https://showboxsave.com/ on Thursday, July 19, 2018 12:19 AM
Hey friends if you are facing any type of sound issue in your OS then must try my link to fix this annoying problem.